C# and Java Programmers
Applicant will be responsible for developing code for various digital-radio-based products. Activities may cover all aspects of development, from concept through final product delivery, working independently or as part of a group.
• Become familiar with the Wind River Linux kernel, as appropriate.
• Become familiar with an existing code base and make modifications, as required. Writing technical specifications for the effort is part of the development process.
• Understand written and/or verbal requirements.
• Assist in creating a functional specification, if needed. Create technical specifications. Plan out the execution of the programming task, including an estimation of the time needed. The use of sequence and UML diagrams may be required.
• Work with Test Technicians to create further developmental and final product testing. One-on-one interaction may be required as well as working with the entire Test Team.
• Perform or assist in identifying the root cause of defects found by the Test Department or in the field. Create action plans for the resolution and in many cases modify code for a robust solution, Root cause / problem solving ability.
• Document work planned and executed. Code commenting and release notes following accepted industry standards.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
Three (3) years professional experience programing. Knowledge of developing Linux kernels for use with PCs is a plus. Applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to individually write code from concept through final product. Occasional travel may be required. BS degree or equivalent is required.
Trident offers excellent benefits, and many different opportunities to advance your engineering career.
This is a full-time, on-site position in Arden, North Carolina.